We collect data on a daily basis from all across the country. Most of the data is listing data, so it reflects asking rent for the most part. We do have some landlords and property owners providing actual rent data, however, that is relatively small compared to listing data. Also, we only use the most recent data for a specific rental. So, over the years, we may have picked up 3 or 4 listings for a particular rental, however, we only use the most recent rental in the analysis.
Articles in this section
- Does Rentometer perceive professionally managed rentals to attain higher rents than DIY (Do it yourself) rental owners?
- What are the green, yellow and red pins on the map?
- Do you have rent comp data for Canada?
- I can't get rent comp info for the specific address that I'm entering.
- Can you help me set the rent for my property?
- Where does Rentometer get their data from?
- How fresh is your data?
- How do I send you rental price updates?
- I want to narrow the radius of my rent comp search. How do I do this?
- Why does data over 12 months not have sq footage data and building type?